Copyright

Art & Poetry copyright © 2011 Atlanta Marie Carrera

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Jenny's Castle


To My Little Girl

A moment went by, when it was just you and I

"Jenny's Castle" by Atlanta Marie Carrera
And no one else knew, that inside me you grew

My first thought was excitement to know you were there
A tiny dot of life totally within my care

I knew I couldn’t hide you or I would get no rest
So I told dad our secret and hoped for the best

Your dad was so scared he didn’t know what to say
So I prayed and I prayed for you to be ok

When we told your sisters, they couldn’t believe it was true
The baby they’d always said yes to, was finally coming due

You were a surprise and a miracle all rolled into one
We love you so dearly and can’t wait for the fun!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment